I've decided to start up a new blog at markedmondson.me
It will be about everything I am up to, and I think worth writing down.
I'll write it primarily for my friends, family and colleagues in the industry.
I'm experimenting with merging my business and home-life personae on one platform. Traditionally I've separated these out, such as my work (@MarkeD_NB) and home (@MarkedAtHome) twitter accounts, but I want a more rounded presentation of myself here.
So, my dear readers, some of these posts may not be very interesting, but perhaps some will. It'll probably cover topics such as:
- Life in Denmark for an English ex-pat. I think it best if I practice writing these in Danish, fordi det er god for øve mig.
- What's it like to work with digital analytics in a European agency? Its pretty exciting, for me at least.
- I will shyly share my music endeavours, when I get them to a state they are 90% finished. (All my songs end up being 90% finished)
- I'll comment on SEO/Analytics trends, if its not been repeated ad nauseum on other blogs.
- I'll curate links to web pages around the web that cover my interests, ranging from history to gaming.
- I'll probably have a gadget section, as I've recently acknowledged my gadget addiction. Most recently this covers the Adventures of the Raspberry Pi.
- I keep up to date with our boundaries of science, in particular Cosmology and meta-physics. I'll probably embarrass myself with pseudo-science posts.
- I may write some personal for family posts, under password protection.
I had a blog before running on Posterous, but it got bought by Twitter and then closed down. This blogging platform, PostHaven, is run by the same creators and holds a lot of the same features I liked in Posterous, but promises to be permanent by charging $5 a month, so will never seek to be bought or hold advertising.
This appeals to me - perhaps the content that published here I will be able to read in many years time, and I can marvel at how much, or little, I have changed. Or, maybe AI robots in the future will be created by distilling a person's social media activity to make us immortal, and this can be the source for FutureMarkAI 3014!
Below is a picture of me in Cornish Kilt at my brother's wedding. Just for the record. I don't often wear kilts, not even Cornish ones.